Celery Root Salad with Feta
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Celery root usually needs a long time to cook, but here it's sliced thinly and blanched quickly, then tossed with a lemony dressing.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 1-pound knobs celery root—peeled, quartered and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese, preferably Greek or French
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the salt, pepper and thyme. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the celery root until crisp-tender, about 1 minute; drain well and pat dry. Add the celery root to the lemon dressing and toss. Let cool slightly, then toss with the parsley. Transfer the salad to a bowl, crumble the feta on top and serve warm or at room temperature.