Buttery Biscuits with Feta and Dill
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10 biscuits
Feta cheese gives Melissa Rubel Jacobson's flaky biscuits a tangy kick that's terrific with simply roasted chicken.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 butter knives, cut the chilled butter into the flour until it is the size of peas. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the milk, feta and dill and stir with a fork until the dough is evenly moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gather it into a ball. Roll out the dough 3/4 inch thick. Using a floured 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, stamp out biscuits as close together as possible. Transfer the biscuits to a baking sheet. Gather the dough scraps into a ball, re-roll and stamp out more biscuits. Refrigerate the biscuits for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Bake the biscuits for about 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Serve warm.