- Green chile salt, for rimming glass (see Note)
- 1 1/2 ounces Roca Patrón Silver tequila
- 3 ounces fresh lime sweet and sour mix (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce green chile juice (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- Fill a small saucer with green chile salt, rub the rim of a highball glass with a lime wedge and dip into chile salt to rim glass. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add remaining ingredients, shake for 2 seconds and strain into rimmed glass. Serve immediately.
To make fresh lime sweet and sour mix: Combine 2 parts fresh lime juice with 1 part Patron Citronge orange liqueur and 1 part simple syrup. Stir to combine. To make green chile salt: Mix 1 part green chile powder with 2 parts salt. Stir to combine. To make green chile juice: Remove stem and seeds from 2 Hatch green chiles and dice. Place chiles in a blender with 1 cup water and puree. Strain mixture through a fine strainer and transfer to a container.