- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter a large baking sheet. Toast the hazelnuts in a small cake pan for about 12 minutes, or until fragrant and the skins blister. Transfer to a kitchen towel and rub the nuts together to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts and let cool. Raise the oven temperature to 400°.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and hazelnuts. In a large measuring cup, combine the buttermilk and butter. Stir in the raspberries. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Scoop 8 equal spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the scones are golden. Let cool slightly before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.