© Frances Janisch
No-Cook Strawberry Jam
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR
- SERVINGS: 4 1/2 cups
Made with instant pectin, this gingery strawberry jam from F&W’s Justin Chapple is amazingly fresh-tasting. Instead of canning the jam in hot water, store it in a freezer to maintain its just-picked flavor.
Slideshow: Jam Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Ball RealFruit Instant Pectin
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar with the pectin. In a food processor, pulse half of the strawberries until finely chopped, then transfer them to the sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining strawberries. Add the lemon juice, ginger and salt and stir until the sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes.
- Spoon the jam into clean glass jars or plastic containers, leaving 3/4 inch of space at the top. Let the jam stand at room temperature until slightly thickened, 30 minutes. Refrigerate until the jam is chilled and set, 1 hour.