Nipo-Peruana (PG 13)
- TOTAL TIME: 05 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
In this mocktail recipe, fresh honeydew juice stands in for melon liqueur.
Slideshows: Melon Recipes
- One 3 1/2-pound honeydew melon, halved and seeded (for 2 ounces fresh honeydew juice)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 3 honeydew melon balls skewered on a pick, for garnish
- Chop the melon flesh and transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Strain the puree, without pressing on the solids, to extract clear green juice. Reserve 2 ounces of the juice and refrigerate the rest for another use. In a cocktail shaker, combine the 2 ounces melon juice with the citrus juices and orgeat. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the skewered melon balls.