- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for coating the baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound sweet rice mochiko flour (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine table salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slices
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl, and lightly whisk.
- Add the flour, milk, sugar, melted butter, almond extract and salt. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the toasted coconut, almond slices and sesame seeds on top.
- Continue to bake for about 25 minutes, until the cake is set and golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the pan, let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Contributed By Evi Abeler Photo © Evi Abeler