Next-Day Turkey Sandwiches
- SERVINGS: MAKES 4 SANDWICHES
Barbara Lynch of No. 9 Park in Boston piles most of the components of the traditional Thanksgiving meal between two slices of bread. You can use any squash puree; if you only have roasted squash or sweet potatoes, just mash them up.
- 1 pound leftover turkey, sliced
- 1/4 cup chunky cranberry sauce
- 3 cups leftover bread stuffing or corn bread stuffing
- 8 slices white country bread
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/2 cup winter squash puree
- Stack the turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing on half of the bread slices and season with salt and pepper. Slather the remaining bread slices with mayonnaise and the squash puree, close the sandwiches and serve.
A simple, direct, fruity blush wine will stand up to the sweet and tart flavors in this sandwich. Try a chilled White Zinfandel from California.