- 1/2 cup fresh basil or parsley leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds small red or white new potatoes (approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter), or larger boiling potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
How to make this recipe
- Heat the oven to 425°. Oil a large baking sheet. In a blender, puree the basil with the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1/4 cup of the herb oil and the salt. Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet and roast, turning once or twice, until tender, about 25 minutes. Toss the potatoes with the remaining herb oil and serve.
You can prepare the herb oil a few hours in advance, or longer than that if you don't mind the basil or parsley losing its bright-green color.