- 1 pound tiny new potatoes (1 inch round), scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped marjoram
- 5 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese (1 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a plate.
Meanwhile, in a medium stainless steel bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the half-and-half, wine and marjoram. Set the bowl over the pot of simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is frothy, tripled in volume and thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the goat cheese and whisk until smooth and creamy. Season the fondue with salt and pepper and transfer to 4 ramekins. Serve with the potatoes.