- 1 1/2 cups peanut oil, for frying
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- One 3- to 3 1/2-pound chickenrinsed, patted dry and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil to 350°. In a bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, water and egg and season generously with salt and white pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and white pepper and dip each piece in the milk mixture and then in the flour. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, turning often, until golden and cooked through, about 25 minutes; lower the heat so that the chicken doesn't brown too quickly. Transfer the chicken to a rack to drain, then arrange the pieces on a platter, sprinkle with the pickles and parsley and serve.