New Mexican Street Corn
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Joseph Wrede (an F&W Best New Chef 2000) makes a killer version of this popular Mexican snack: grilled corn rolled in mayonnaise and grated cheese.
More Corn Recipes
- 4 ears of corn
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces grated Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Peel back the corn husks, leaving them attached. Discard the silk. Season the corn with salt and pepper. Replace the husks, wrap each ear in foil, transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- In a mini food processor, blend the mayonnaise with the chipotle. Add the chives; pulse. Add the oil; process until smooth.
- Light a grill. Peel back the husks, leaving them attached. Brush the corn with half of the mayonnaise. Using the husks as a handle, grill the corn until lightly charred. Brush it with the remaining mayonnaise and roll in the cheese; serve with the lime wedges.