- 5 ounces nettles or baby spinach
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Prepare an ice bath. In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the nettles until tender, 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the nettles to the ice bath. Drain and squeeze dry, then chop.
In a food processor, combine the nettles, shallot, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice and puree to a paste. Add the olive oil and puree until nearly smooth. Season with salt and pepper and scrape the salsa into a bowl.