- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
These delicious summery fruit crumbles are served in individual cast-iron dishes and topped with a crisp, buttery streusel topping.
- 6 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- In a bowl, toss the nectarines with the granulated sugar, juice, thyme and a pinch of salt; let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and wheat germ with a pinch of salt. Using your fingers, work in the butter until the mixture is sandy. Press the streusel into small clumps and scatter on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon the nectarines, thyme and any juices into 6 individual cast-iron baking dishes. Bake the nectarines for about 20 minutes, until the fruit is softened. Meanwhile, bake the streusel, stirring once, for about 10 minutes, until browned.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the fruit, bake for 5 minutes longer and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.