Nectarine and Raspberry Grunt with Cinnamon Basil
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 plums, thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (3/4 pint)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded cinnamon basil
- In a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, combine the plums, nectarines, raspberries, water, lemon juice, cornstarch and 5 tablespoons of the granulated sugar.
- In a bowl, blend the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and the remaining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Stir in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Bring the fruit to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Drop the batter by tablespoons on the bubbling fruit. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the batter. Cover tightly and simmer for 13 minutes. Remove from the heat, uncover and let cool to warm or room temperature. Garnish with the cinnamon basil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.