- 1 medium acorn squash (about 2 pounds), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the ginger and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until soft.
Stir in the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the acorn squash, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard, chili flakes, mustard seeds and dried basil.
Bring up to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until acorn squash is tender. Season with salt and serve.