- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, mustard, chives, salt and nutmeg. Add the flour and stir until a sticky batter forms.
- Scrape one-third of the batter into a large colander with 1/4-inch holes. Working over the pot of boiling water, scrape the batter across the bottom of the colander with a rubber spatula to press it through the holes. Gently stir the simmering spaetzle, then press the remaining batter through in 2 batches. Stir gently and simmer the spaetzle until cooked through but slightly chewy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain the spaetzle in a clean colander.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the spaetzle and cook, stirring frequently, until thoroughly coated. Transfer the spaetzle to a bowl and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.