Mustard Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This easy roasted broccoli gets slathered in a tangy mustard sauce and paired with chunks of crispy bacon.
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, stems peeled and heads halved
- 3 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown mustard, ancho chili, smoked paprika, brown sugar, and mustard seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Place the prepared broccoli on a baking pan. Pour the oil mixture over the broccoli. Toss to coat evenly.
- Season with black pepper, then spread the broccoli into an even layer over the baking pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes, turn the broccoli, then continue roasting for 5 more minutes, or until tender and the edges are crisped.
- While broccoli roasts, in a skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then break into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss the broccoli and bacon, then serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.