- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns, stems peeled and heads halved
- 3 tablespoons extra–virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices bacon
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown mustard, ancho chili, smoked paprika, brown sugar, and mustard seeds. Whisk to combine.
Place the prepared broccoli on a baking pan. Pour the oil mixture over the broccoli. Toss to coat evenly.
Season with black pepper, then spread the broccoli into an even layer over the baking pan.
Roast for 10 minutes, turn the broccoli, then continue roasting for 5 more minutes, or until tender and the edges are crisped.
While broccoli roasts, in a skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then break into 1-inch pieces.
Toss the broccoli and bacon, then serve.