- 1 cup snipped chives
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted green or brown olives
- 3/4 cup pure olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless black cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chives and spinach and blanch for 30 seconds, just until bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze dry. Transfer the chives and spinach to a blender. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
- Rinse out the saucepan and fill it with cold water. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and cut them into thin coins.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the olives with the pure olive oil. Microwave at high power in 2-minute bursts until the olives are golden and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes depending on the microwave. Drain the olives and transfer to a paper towellined plate to cool. Reserve the oil for another use.
- Place the cod on a foil-lined baking sheet, brush with the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Broil for about 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and lightly browned on top; transfer to plates and spoon the potatoes alongside. Sprinkle with the olives, drizzle the chive puree all around and serve.
Either a Champagne or a Sauvignon Blanc will go well with this dish.