© Lucy Schaeffer
Mustard-and-Mayonnaise Glazed Asparagus
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Chef mayonnaise-based marinade; it creates a beautifully blistered crust when grilled. Here he offers a marinade for asparagus that is also fabulous on broccoli and fennel.
Plus: 20 Smart Tips for Everyday Grilling
More Asparagus Recipes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed
- Light a grill. In a shallow dish, whisk the mayonnaise with the mustard, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill the asparagus over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the spears are tender and lightly blistered in spots, about 6 minutes. Serve the asparagus hot or at room temperature.