- 1 medium acorn squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
How to make this recipe
Slice the bottom off of the acorn squash and then cut in half. Scoop out the seeds, and then slice into wedges. Peel the wedges, and then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute or until soft. Stir in the ground pork and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the acorn squash, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Add chicken stock and bring up to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until acorn squash is tender. Taste for seasoning and serve.