- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes about 1/2 cup
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 14 ounces shiitake stems (from 2 pounds shiitake mushrooms), chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shiitake stems and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until deeply browned, 5 minutes. Add the water and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 12 minutes. Strain the broth and return it to the saucepan. Boil over high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, 7 minutes.
Serve WithFish, steak, chicken, veal.