Mushroom Salad with Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Mushrooms are packed with minerals like selenium that have been shown to guard against some cancers. Here they're drizzled with lemon juice in a salad Joe Bastianich calls "soulful but still filling." He adds, "Raw mushrooms are a great conduit for good olive oil."
- 16 medium white or cremini mushrooms (1/2 pound), trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- Arrange the sliced mushrooms on a platter. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the lemon zest and mint over the mushrooms and serve right away.