- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ají amarillo chile paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, chile paste, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the mushrooms and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat a grill to moderately high heat. Thread the mushrooms onto 4 long skewers, leaving a bit of space between each mushroom (if using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them first for 30 minutes). Grill, turning occasionally, until well-browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped cilantro.