- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 5 to 6 green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the garlic, mushrooms and green onions and stir occasionally until the mushrooms are lightly browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce, sesame seed oil and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.