- 8 ounces yellow Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions, cut into one-inch pieces
How to make this recipe
Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water. Set aside.
Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
Stir in the chicken and mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
Stir in the scallions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the scallions are tender. Add noodles and sauce mixture. Toss everything together until combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.