- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed tender mushrooms, such as maitake, oyster and enoki, cut into small pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound Italian Fontina cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a baking sheet, bake the potatoes for about 1 hour, until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the olive oil. Cook the mushrooms over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice halfway down the length of each potato and spoon 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of cheese into each one. Season with salt. Top with the mushrooms and the remaining cheese. Bake for 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.