- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Eight 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
How to make this recipe
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon slices. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bacon has rendered.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Spread half of the cheese on 4 tortillas. Top with the bacon and mushrooms. Add a final layer of cheese and gently spread the filling evenly around the tortilla, leaving a gap around the edges. Top with green chiles and remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place a filled tortilla on the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the second side is golden and the cheese is completely melted.
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream.