Muscat-Poached Peaches with Lemon Verbena
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This recipe reminds Sylvie Chantecaille of weekends at her family's home in Normandy. At the end of a meal, the whole family went into the garden to pick peaches for dessert.
- 1 bottle Muscat wine, such as Moscato d'Asti
- Two 3-inch-long strips of lemon zest, julienned
- 8 peaches, halved and pitted
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of lemon verbena, crushed
- In a medium saucepan, combine the wine and lemon zest and bring to a boil. Add the peaches and simmer over low heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large glass baking dish. Add the lemon verbena leaves and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until lightly chilled. Serve the peaches in the wine.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.