Mozzarella with Summer Squash and Olive Puree
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This dish, from chef Mathieu Perez of Paris's Aux Deux Amis, is a take on the classic Italian mozzarella-tomato-basil Caprese salad. It depends on young, very fresh zucchini and summer squash. To prepare the recipe like Perez does at the restaurant, grate the olives finely with a Microplane grater instead of pureeing them.
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into wedges
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, very thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, freshly ground white pepper and piment d'Espelette or hot paprika, for sprinkling
- In a mini processor, puree the olives. Strain the puree through a fine sieve; you should have about 1/4 cup. Spread the olive puree on plates and arrange the mozzarella wedges and zucchini and squash slices on top. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese and sprinkle with salt, white pepper and piment d'Espelette.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.