Mortadella Sandwiches with Grapes, Mushrooms and Tapenade
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 2 sandwiches
Challenged to invent a sandwich during Top Chef, Harold Dieterle came up with this unexpectedly delicious combination. His sandwich won the contestand a place on the menu at Tom Colicchio's new 'wichcraft, opening in San Francisco in September.
- 2 ounces trumpet royal or oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred tapenade
- 4 slices toasted sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup sliced red grapes
- 6 ounces sliced mortadella
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- In a medium skillet, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil until tender; season with salt and pepper. Mix the mayonnaise with the tapenade and spread on the toasted sourdough. Top half of the slices with the mushrooms, grapes, mortadella and parsley. Close the sandwiches, halve and serve.
Juicy, fresh French rosé.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.