Moroccan Spice Sachets
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 10 sachets
Note For The Gift Tag "Drop into lamb stew or soup, and the poaching liquid for pears or apples, or stuff into a chicken cavity before roasting."
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated orange zest (from 20 medium oranges)
- Ten 7-inch 2-ply squares of cheesecloth
- 40 whole cloves
- 10 cinnamon sticks broken in half
- 10 whole star anise pods
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried mint
- Ten 6-inch lengths of kitchen string
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Spread the orange zest in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake the zest for 15 minutes, or until completely dry, stirring halfway through.
- Lay the cheesecloth on a work surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the orange zest in the center of each square and top with 4 cloves, 2 cinnamon stick halves, 1 star anise pod and 1/4 teaspoon dried mint. Gather each square into a neat bundle and secure with kitchen string.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.