© Dana Gallagher
Moroccan Lamb Burgers with Mint-Yogurt Sauce
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
More Amazing Lamb Recipes
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 pounds ground lamb
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
- 4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the mint, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Season the yogurt sauce with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
- In a mini food processor, combine the dried currants, pine nuts, chopped parsley, lemon zest, cumin, coriander and cinnamon with the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Process the ingredients until a coarse paste forms.
- Scrape the currant–pine nut paste into a large bowl and add the ground lamb. Using your hands, gently mix the ground meat thoroughly with the seasonings and pat into 4 plump burgers. Set the burgers on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Light a grill. Lightly brush the grate with oil. Grill the burgers over a medium-hot fire for 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Grill the buns, cut side down, until toasted. Set the burgers on the buns and serve with the mint-yogurt sauce.
Make AheadThe yogurt sauce and burger patties can be refrigerated overnight. Let the burgers stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling.
Serve WithFrench fries.