Moroccan Citrus Fruit Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 navel oranges (see Note)
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange-flower water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Small mint leaves, for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges and grapefruits, removing all of the bitter white pith. Cut in between the membranes to release the sections into a bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into another bowl.
- Add the orange juice, orange flower water, honey, vanilla bean seeds and cinnamon to the bowl of juice and whisk to mix. Strain the flavored juice over the fruit and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Spoon the fruit salad into glasses or bowls, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Choose citrus fruits that are heavy for their size.
One Serving Calories 204 kcal, Total Fat 0.6 gm, Saturated Fat 0.1 gm, Protein 3 gm, Carbohydrates 51 gm.
To peel citrus easily, start by slicing off just enough of the tops and the bottoms of the fruits to expose the flesh. Set each fruit on a flat surface, and remove the peel by cutting down with a sharp paring knife, following the shape of the fruit closely to remove as much pith as possible.