- 4 medium carrots (3/4 pound), thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the carrots for 1 minute. Drain.
In a large skillet, combine the carrots with the orange juice, water, coriander, cumin and cinnamon and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sugar and the butter. Season the carrots with salt and serve.