- 1/4 cup harissa (see Note)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds carrots, julienned on a mandoline or coarsely shredded in a food processor (about 12 cups)
- 2 cups raisins
- 4 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 pound feta, crumbled
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk the harissa with the lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, raisins, parsley and feta to the dressing and toss well. Serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.
The carrot salad can be made without the feta and parsley and refrigerated for up to 6 hours; add the feta and parsley just before serving. The lemon dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Harissa is a chile paste used in Tunisia and Morocco. It is available in jars and tubes from specialty food shops.