- 1 pound small red or golden beets, tops trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound young arugula, trimmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the beets in a small baking dish and add 1/4 inch of water. Cover and roast for 35 minutes, or until tender. Let cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4-inch wedges.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the orange juice, vinegar, cumin and coriander. Season with salt and cayenne. Add the beets and the arugula and toss. Mound the beet salad on plates, sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
One Serving 123 calories, 8.9 gm total fat, 2.1 gm saturated fat, 10 gm carb.