- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium fennel bulb—trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed peppercorns
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and lime juice. Add the fennel, onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, bay leaves, and peppercorns and mix until combined.
Any meaty fish: marinate 2 to 3 hours.