- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Montasio, young pecorino or Fontina cheese
- Four 12-inch round flatbreads, such as naan or pocketless pita
- Preheat the oven to 450° and preheat a griddle. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the scallion, cayenne and 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt. Using a fork, coarsely mash the chickpeas. Stir in the cheese. Spread the mixture over the flatbreads, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Brush the griddle with oil and, working in batches, add the flatbreads, cheese side up. Cook over high heat until the bottoms are lightly browned, 2 minutes. Transfer to baking sheets and bake for 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Transfer to a work surface, cut the flatbreads into wedges and serve hot or warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.