- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned monkfish fillets, cut crosswise into 1-inch medallions
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
Combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice and salt. Stir to dissolve the salt.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, dip half of the monkfish in the oil marinade. Place the medallions in the skillet without touching and sear, turning once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a warm platter. Repeat with the remaining medallions.
Wipe out the skillet. Add the remaining 6 tablespoons oil and warm over moderate heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper and vinegar.
Pour the sauce over the fish and sprinkle the parsley on top.
Look for a Spanish Albariño.