Monkfish and Chorizo Kebabs
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 pound chorizo, cut into 16 slices
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed monkfish or swordfish fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 French baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large tomato, halved
- Light a gas or charcoal grill. Alternately thread 4 slices of the chorizo, 4 of the cherry tomatoes, 3 or 4 chunks of the monkfish and 3 pieces of the red onion onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers. Brush the monkfish and chorizo kebabs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the kebabs over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until lightly charred and the fish is cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Transfer the kebabs to a platter and drizzle with the cilantro dressing. Grill the baguette halves, cut sides down, until toasted, about 20 seconds. Rub the toasted sides with the garlic and halved tomato. Cut the baguette pieces crosswise in half and serve right away with the kebabs.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.