© Zubin Schroff
Mom's Nutty Granola
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes 7 cups
This granola recipe from Jessamyn Waldman's mother is more nutty than sweet. Says Waldman, "I love it because I'm not a sweet breakfast person myself."
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a bowl, toss the oats, nuts, seeds and wheat germ. In a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water. Whisk in the honey and oil. Stir the liquid into the nuts to coat thoroughly, then spread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the granola in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until nearly dry. Turn off the oven and prop the door open halfway; let the granola cool in the oven, stirring. Toss the granola with the raisins; store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
NotesOne serving 306 cal, 36 gm carb,18 gm fat, 2.5 gm sat fat, 7 gm protein, 3 gm fiber.