- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- Cilantro sprigs for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then stir in the on-ion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chicken, peanut butter, soy sauce, cocoa pow-der and chili powder, and cook until the chicken is cooked and the liquid is slightly thick-ened, about 5 minutes. Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mole sauce.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Divide the filling between the tortillas. Roll each tortilla into a cylinder and place, side-by-side in a baking dish. Pour the reserved mole sauce over the tortillas.
Bake the enchiladas until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.