- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground allspice
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the salt with 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil, stirring well. Let cool and season with salt.
The barbecue sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.