- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon powdered unflavored gelatin (from 3 envelopes)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1 cup white rum
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, cook the water with the sugar over moderate heat until the water is simmering and the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the gelatin over the sugar syrup and whisk constantly over low heat until the gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Put the lime juice and mint leaves in a medium heatproof bowl and pour in the sugar syrup. Let steep for 15 minutes. Stir in the rum. Strain the mojito mixture into a large measuring cup, pressing on the mint leaves with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Arrange 30 small paper cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Carefully pour the mojito Jell-O mixture into the paper cups and refrigerate the shots until they are chilled, about 3 hours. Serve cold.
The Jell-O shots can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.