- SERVINGS: Makes 4 drinks
Mixologist Adam Seger believes that a great rim on a cocktail takes the integral flavor components of a drink (in this case, cocoa, coffee and sugar) and combines them with complementary flavors (like the allspice here).
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 orange wedge
- 8 ounces spiced rum
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup instant coffee
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups ice
- MAKE THE COCKTAIL Combine the sugar, allspice, coffee and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Moisten the outer rim of 4 chilled martini glasses with the orange; coat lightly with the mocha sugar. In a blender, combine all of the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into the glasses.