- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 1/2 DOZEN MERINGUES
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee beans
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounce chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar with the cocoa powder and coffee.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites at high speed until frothy. Add 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar and beat for 30 seconds; gradually beat in the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar until the meringue is thick and glossy, about 2 minutes longer. Fold in the cocoa mixture in two batches.
- Mound scant tablespoons of the meringue 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and top each one with an espresso bean. Bake the meringues for 1 hour, or until set and dry. Let the meringues cool completely on the sheet before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.