© John Kernick
Mocha Hot Fudge Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the water with the corn syrup, cocoa powder and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the melted chocolate. Gradually whisk in the coffee and rum. Serve warm.
Make Ahead The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Serve With Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Pie.