Mocha Fudge Pudding
- SERVINGS: 4
This extra rich, truffle-like dessert was inspired by a recipe from Ann Hodgman's book, Beat That! (Chapters). It's so good, Jan Newberry makes enough for seconds.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the cream and espresso powder in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the chocolate and sugar and pulse until the chocolate is finely ground. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and pulse to a paste. With the machine on, add the hot cream in a steady stream and blend until smooth and silky, about 1 minute. Transfer the mocha pudding to 4 small dessert bowls or large ramekins and chill until set, about 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.